Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Sam

Got my inspiration for this card from an old copy of CardMakers.  CS colors are Brown Bag, Chocolate and Colonial White.  Ink colors are Pepperwood and New England Ivy.  I am going to be sorry when my Pepperwood ink pad dries up as I use it all the time.  I ordered the moose stamp from an on line company that sold inspirational sayings and there is no name on the stamp.  The trees are from CTMH.  It is one tree that I stamped over and over.  The nature rock is an embellishment I got from our local craft store in a goody bag. 

Sunday will be Sam’s 24th birthday.  We have plans to go out for dinner but don’t know when yet.  Samantha has to work on Sunday.  Sam does too but he gets off at 1.  Ever since he  has been 3 years old he has gotten a Lego Set and a quarter for every year old he is.  The other day I asked him if he was too old for the usual and he replied “Grandma it wouldn’t my birthday if I didn’t get Lego’s.  So this Grandma will buy a set of Lego's.  He has all the Lego’s his Dad had when he was a kid.   He was out yesterday and saw that I had taken down the wildlife poster on the door to his room.  I told him it was my room now and he said “That poster brings back a lot of happy memories”.  I asked him if he wanted it and he said “No”.  I could tell that he didn’t want it thrown in the trash so I told him I would put it in his keepsake box in the basement. And he was pleased with that.   I have two big Rubbermaid containers that I put stuff in for Sam and Leola.  I said to him that the label maker sign that says Sam’s and Granpa’s Room will stay on the door. 

Today we went to the dermatologist.  Jim got zapped a couple of times and I got zapped once.  I wore athletic shoes and I thought the toe box had enough room and I could wiggle my toes.  But when I got there my foot was swollen.  It could be because I didn’t ice it all yesterday.  We got home at 5 and I already  have iced it 3 times.  I read on the internet if you have a stress fracture that you need to ice it every hour for 20 minutes a time.  And I now have on a good pair of sandals. 

Picked up the new CTMH catalog today from our consultant.  Boy do I ever like the new summer colors and the fall paper pack.  I think the name is Olivia. 

I didn’t intend to write a novel but now you know all about me.  LOL

It is time to take the ice off my foot and get something done. 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love the card, Sylvia. It's so pretty. Moose have been pretty scarce around here in recent years, but I heard they are making a comeback. I love them so long as they are not on the highway!

I love your story about Sam's birthday, too. Legos and a quarter for every year - what a wonderful tradition.

Take care of that foot!