Sunday, May 31, 2009

Scraps

scraps

   As I was cleaning up my area yesterday I picked up these three colors and thought "Hey they don't look too bad together".  I think that the striped paper might be Basic Grey.  The purple and orange are both textured.  The flower is CTMH Taffy stamped with Pansy Purple.  The flower stamp is Stampin' UP and I stamped twice and cut it out.  I popped it up with a pop dot to make it stand out. 

I got a good report about my hip.  Don't need hip replacement.  It is my hamstring causing all the problem, so I have a couple more stretching exercises to do.  The weather has been frightfully cold and rainy but this week the sun is supposed to shine.  I don't have any flowers planted.  Have lots of perennials and they are all coming up good in spite of the cool weather.  There are a couple of plants coming up in the front yard that I won't let Jim mow (and he is good about that) until I see what they are.  And if I like them I'll put them in my flower beds. 

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card! I love cards inspired by what's laying on the desk. Glad to hear that you don't have to have your hip replaced. I've heard that's a tough surgery/recovery! Is it cold there, too? We've had only one day so far over 70 degrees. Lots of wind, clouds, and rain. It's kind of depressing day after day. Regardless of the weather, have a good week!

Allison Rankin said...

Love the vibrant colors here! Great job!

Romero Family said...

I look forward to meeting you as well. Noreen would really like to start scrapbooking and such, even got her a kit, but she couldn't put the time together to make it happen. I appreciate your comments on the blog. Sometimes I think that I am the only who reads it...a type of therapy :)Hope you feel better with your leg. Take care.