Friday, August 22, 2008

One For Him...One For Her
















Here are a couple of cards that I made today. They are both ideas from the new Stamping Up catalog. The cardstock is from CTMH and is garden green, buttercup, cocoa and bamboo. The stamp is Stamping Up's Watercolor Coneflower. Ribbon is from Joann's. Button and thread are buttercup from CTMH. I stamped the coneflower in cocoa.






If you are like me there are never enough masculine cards. CTMH cardstock is Barn Red, Indian Cornblue, Bamboo, and Pepperwood. The stamp is Winds of Grace from Stamping UP. Natural hemp is from CTMH.

Thursday I had my final checkup with my orthopedic surgeon on my knee replacements. Everything is good. I have been doing one thing that is not good though. When I get done walking my three miles I stretch by putting my foot to my butt. That is not good for the new knees. September 3 I start therapy because my right glute muscle keeps cramping up. And I am considering surgery on my right thumb but that means I need to pick three months when I can do without full use of my hand. Later.



1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Sylvia! I'm glad you got the chance to stamp! Your cards are awesome. The "guy" card is just right, and you've got to know I'm crazy for the coneflower. I just placed a Stampin' Up order with a friend who's having a book show. I love many of SU's designs . . . too many! LOL. As for the surgery on your thumb, ouch! It would be hard to pick three months where the right hand wasn't necessary. Thanks for letting me know about your cards! Keep them coming!!