Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh, Deer and Dear

 100_2261I watched this little fellow for quite a while this afternoon  He is in our front yard just off the deck steps.  At one point I thought that  he was going to come up on the deck, which is 3 steps from the ground.  The deer are fun to watch but they can be destructive. 

We had our Christmas celebration yesterday with our grandson, Sam, and his girlfriend, Sam D.  They left last night for100_2257 her parents house 2 hours south of the bridge.  There was a storm forecast with heavy snow and blowing and drifting.  Sam D. graduated Dec 17 with a degree in Criminal Justice, now she needs to find a job.  Sam has at least two more years of college.  He is pursuing a degree in psychology.   We had some snow but not a lot.  It was supposed to be a lot worse farther south. 

Now I need to get busy and get my Christmas cards out.  They are mostly made and I have a simple design if I need more. 

I am scheduled for thumb replacement surgery Jan 12.  Since my right thumb  will be out of commission for about 2-3 months I would like to get as many cards made ahead as possible. 

No comments: