Monday, December 29, 2008

Spring Is Coming

100_2275

The frog stamp and A Warm Hello sentiment are from Hero Arts.  The stripped paper is My Mind's Eye.   Orange dragonfly is a button from Joann's.  I colored the frog image with Prisma Color Pencils.  The spiral clip is from my stash.

 

This past week has been crazy as far as the weather goes.  The Saturday before Christmas there was a storm.  We didn't get too much.  The next couple of days were snowy and windy.  Christmas Day was relatively calm.  Friday it rained (on top of two feet of snow).  Saturday there was dense fog.  Sunday morning we had extremely high winds with a couple of inches of snow making blizzard like conditions at times.  A tree fell across the power lines in our yard so our neighbor hood was without power for 4 hours.  Thankfully we have a generator.   Tonight I can hear the wind howling.  Tonight I was making supper and was out of a needed ingredient so Jim went to the corner store a mile away.  On the way home he and a deer collided. It was dark and the deer ran away and he couldn't see any damage.  But will check it out in the daylight.  I have been trying to make cards ahead so when I get my thumb surgery in two weeks, I'll have cards to give out for birthdays etc.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Sylvia! Cute card! I love frogs - frog images anyway. LOL. While I complain about our weather (cold, with some snow once in a while), it sounds better than yours. I hope your surgery goes well and that it doesn't keep you down too long. Happy New Year!