Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Updated For 2009

snowman Today was supposed to be our card club day but because the back roads were extremely icy due to rain on top of hard packed snow we canceled.  All the schools in our area were closed. Our theme was snowman or winter cards.  I wasn't real happy with the card I had made and thought I would let the girls see how they would tweak it.    When we canceled I remembered this card that I had had made a couple of years ago.  I had originally colored it with pencils but today I went over it with Marvy Markers.  I added the sparkly star on the hat tassel.  I also colored the dog which I hadn't done before.  Then I used Stampin'Up's Two Way Glue pen and went along the bottom of the snowmen and sprinkled it with Diamond Glitter.  The CS is CTMH New England Ivy.  The red stripe is retired CTMH B&T I don't know what the red is.  The stamp is Inky Antics.

Next month we will do two cards.  The one we were making for today and then a masculine theme.  We have a lot of fun.  Everyone brings something for lunch and enough materials to make the card you bring. 

The wind is starting to blow and that should help dry up some of the water from the rain and melting snow.  Today the temp was in the 40's we might have set a record. 

No comments: