Thursday, May 6, 2010

Trial and Error

100_2626

I have wanted to do something with this stamp for awhile.  I colored it with chalk pencils.  Then it smeared.  The hints that came with the chalks say to take a piece of tissue paper and rub quite firmly with the back of a spoon.  I did, but I didn’t get all the excess chalk and it looked dirty.  My next step was to take gold Pearl X and go over the image.  That helped some but I still wasn’t satisfied, so I took a 2 way glue pen from Stampin’ Up and highlighted a few areas and then put  on Stampin’ Up Diamond Dust.  I walked away and decided to come back to it later.  I finished it up this evening.  Cardstock is white, Pansy Purple, Sunflower and Sweet Leaf.  Except for the white all is textured.  Dew Drops are in each corner.

It was a beautiful sunny day today but with a very cold wind.  I’m glad I have no plans to go anywhere tomorrow as the weather is going to be downright nasty with rain and that “S” word in the forecast.  Anyway I have plenty to keep me busy trying to get ready to leave on Sunday.  I still have to make a graduation card with a cosmetology theme and a baby card.  JoAnn’s didn’t have any embellishments for cosmetology so guess I will go on line and see what  I can find.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

You're probably traveling by now. I hope your trip is safe and enjoyable.

Your card is lovely. Such a pretty image.