Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun in the Sun

000_0094

My camera battery was on it’s last leg when I took this photo.  It is now charging.  The images are on white cardstock.  The background for each image is Summer Cloud Blue from CTMH.  The stamps are from various companies and colored with markers. 

Today was a nice hot summer day.  I watered my hanging plants early this morning.  This afternoon when the shade got in the front yard I went out and did some weeding.  Then I bribed Jim to take me out to dinner.  The lawn needed mowing so I said I would mow if he would take me out to dinner.  He usually mows but his gout has been bothering him (not enough to take medicine).  We went out for fish at Wilcox’s Fish house.  The only thing on the menu except for chicken fingers is fish; walleye, perch, herring etc.  We each got the 1/2 pound of perch.  It is a small family run operation. 

Tonight we are supposed to get some severe thunderstorms so I brought my hanging plants under the eaves.  The perennials will most likely get beat down but I can stake them up afterwards.   And it is supposed to be rainy all day tomorrow. 

My card area is a disaster and I only made one card today.

The saga of Me Vs. the Census Taker is over.  He came the other day and I was home alone.  I saw a strange car drive in  so I quickly shut and locked the front door.  He knocked and when I didn’t answer he went around to the back.  He went to his car and was probably noting that no one was home when Jim came home from golfing.  Rats.  We gave them our name, age etc.  When he wanted to know how much Jim got from his Air Force pension and Social Security I told him it was none of his business.  Jim said he didn’t know because the check was automatically deposited.  Some of the questions were how much did we pay in property taxes and how much were our utilities.  We just said we didn’t know.  He can go to the county or township and find out the property taxes.  He got enough info so hopefully he won’t be back.  He even wanted to know how long we had been married.  The guy was polite even when I was giving him a very hard time. 

Well enough of my ranting.  I’m going to go work on a baby afghan.

No comments: