Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Perfect Summer Day

My inspiration for this card comes a card on Add Ink and Stamp blog.  100_2636 My stamps are all from Art Impressions except for the two small flowers by the cat and they are from Stampin’ UP.  I colored the image with markers.  The photo corner is from CTMH and the red buttons are from my stash.  Cardstock is Outdoor Denim, red is from a JoAnn’s Christmas pack.  The white is cardstock from Wal-Mart.

The last two days here have been perfect summer days.  Lots of sun, no humidity.  Have been working on getting the weeds out of my flowers.  I can’t do too much at a time as it makes my thumb and hand ache.  Today I fertilized my hanging plants and turned the ones that are under the eaves so each side gets a week of sun.  House was clean and there was no laundry to do. 

We watched golf today.  Steve Stricker finished the round with 25 under.  That was fantastic.  He just kept making birdie after birdie. 

Kathi, today I got a letter from the Census Bureau telling me that their field rep would be contacting me again.  Article 1 section 2 clause 3 of the US Constitution says I am only required to tell how many people live here and I have done that.  There is a bill in Congress H.R. 3131 to make it voluntary to answer the questions.  Well enough of my ranting.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

How did I miss this lovely card??? I love the red, white, and blue.

Has you nice weather held up? We're under a storm watch, but so far, it's managed to go around us.

Ah, the Constitution. It seems to be a document forgotten by some these days. I suppose the excessive number of Census Bureau workers that were hired (that skewed the horrible unemployment numbers) need something to do, so they will keep bugging you. There. My rant matched yours.