Monday, July 5, 2010

Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac bridgeThis is a pretty good depiction of the bridge looking from south to north.  The stamp is by Sunnyside stamps.  Striped paper is Kaiser Scrapbooking paper.  Ric Rack is from CTMH  and the brads are from CTMH White Daisy Collection.  The seagulls are a clear stamp from Fun in the Sun Collection.  The scene is colored with Marvy Markers. 

The months of April and May were very dry.  Temperature was decent.  June was cool and rainy most of the time.  July started out very hot and dry now it is in the 70’s and raining. 

Today I did a lot of stamping.  When I make a card unless I have a specific person in mind to give it to I leave it blank.  Today I did all my birthday cards and anniversary cards for the month.  And as I stamped each one I put away my stamp pads etc.  So I have a fairly clean desk.  Saturday when a friend and I took a card class we found out about a scrapbooking/stamping store that has classes in Alpena (2 and half hours south across the bridge) taught by a gal that we like.  I came home and did a Google search for the store called them and got put on their mailing list.  Jim is hoping to golf tomorrow if it isn’t raining.  I have some ideas for things to do just depends on the weather and golfing isn’t one of them. 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Love your card, Sylvia! I would love to see that bridge in person someday, too!!

Your weather sounds like what we've had. Your desk sounds like it is neater than mine - at the moment. LOL.

Marv is at the golf course every chance he gets. I like that, as it gives me time to get some things done that are easier to do when he isn't around.

Thanks for your recent comments. We're so excited about the new baby - a reason to look forward to winter this year!

Enjoy your week, friend!