Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Made It Myself

I saw this card in Stamp It Cards 2008.  The colors are CloverMeadow, Autumn TerraCotta and Chocolate.  Stamp set is Treasures.  Ribbon is Autumn TerraCotta Ribbon Rounds.  And then Dew Drops.  Now for the part I made myself.  The card had a scalloped chipboard.  I had a round chipboard but not scalloped.  At first I tried using a scallop punch but the circle punch I had was too big and didn’t get enough lip.  Then I thought of my Nestabilites and that worked great.  I was able to line up the plain circle and scallop one at the same time. 

Last week we had on the air today we  had on the heat for awhile.  It has been cold and windy but good days to get things done in the house. 

We made out fine at the dermatologist and dentist but the orthopedic surgeon was a different story.  I thought I had a stress fracture but he said I had a Morton’s Neuroma, which is a nerve at the base of my third toe and it gets enlarged.  Very painful.  Got a cortisone shot.  Then he suggested I get some Birkenstock shoes. Only had a few here in town and I really didn’t like the style.  Friday we are going to visit my cousins near Traverse City and there are three shoe stores on the way so maybe I’ll find something if not I’ll order it off the internet.  Then I told him I occasionally had pain in the palm of my hand.  Well I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel.  Oh Joy!

Am still working and rearranging things in my new craft room.  The entertainment center is still there and today I removed Jim’s video’s from two shelves.  I cleaned out a storage cupboard for him down in his man cave. 

Almost bedtime.

No comments: