Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Last Days of Summer

 

When I moved my craft room upstairs I threw out a box of scrap papers that I hadn’t used in over a year and put half finished cards in it.  My vow is to use up all the half finished products before making a new card.  The fish stamps are from Northwoods Rubber Stamp, the canoeist is The Stamp Pad Co.  The large scene stamp is a set of clear stamps with several stamps and I don’t remember the name.  The sign is a brad from Outlet Brads and says Gone Fishing.  I took the brad part off and used foam tape to adhere it to the card.  I had the three fish on the card so had to come up with a scene to go with it.  100_2668

The last couple of days have been very hot.  Yesterday we tied a record set in 1973 of 88 degrees.  Today it wasn’t quite that warm but it was more humid.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 70’s with thunderstorms.  Our county fair is going on this week so we could use some nice weather.

Everytime the phone rings I think it is going to be PJ telling me that Kambrie has been born.  Last Monday when Leola went to the dr she was told she’d probably be born within the week.  Kambrie just wants to be  born in Sept.  Leola and I are holding out for Sept 5 (our 51st wedding anniversary).  Just had an e-mail from Leola and she was feeling just fine. 

I’m really liking my new crafting room and some things I like just where they are and some things I am still tweaking.  I need to go clean up my desk.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a fun card, Sylvia. I love the scenery, and your coloring is great. It sounds like the weather you are experiencing is a day or two behind what we are getting. I am hoping for a nice fall. I'm excited to hear all about your great-granddaughter, too. I hope all goes well. Take care!