Saturday, August 7, 2010

Penny Black Sticker Card

100_2657

 

I know my title is pretty lame but I couldn’t think of any other.  It is on CTMH Sorbet.  I used Lime Green Stickles on the veins and stems and yellow stickle on the center of the big flower.  The ribbon is from my stash most likely from JoAnn’s or Wal-Mart.  The happy birthday is a gold sticker that comes in a 5x9 sheet with other words like Happy Anniversary, Congratulations, Good Luck etc.  Have no idea who made it as there isn’t any name and I bought it several years ago. 

Sam and Sam got all moved into their apt. and are enjoying it.  I am enjoying my new crafting room upstairs.  Except for the dark green walls and out door wallpaper border you would never know this room had been a young man’s room for the last 6 years.  I had thought about painting but that would have delayed my moving into the room.  I did do some touch up painting today. I look a window into our backyard.  I have everything how I want it but as I use things might do some changing.  Jim is enjoying his new tv watching area in the basement.  He calls it his” man cave”. 

Next week is jammed with appointments everyday but Monday.  And two of the entail a trip across the Mackinac Bridge.  Tuesday we go to the dermatologist.  Our appt was for the end of September but they last week and asked if we could come Tuesday as the doctor will not be available in Sept.  Wednesday we go to the dentist for teeth cleaning.  Thursday is a  sentencing hearing for one of the guys that stole a bunch of copper pipe from a vacant building across the road.  It has been postponed twice.  And on Friday I go to visit my orthopaedic surgeon and his office is 2 1/2 hours south of here.  In Feb I hurt my foot snowshoeing and went to my regular dr.  He didn’t see any thing and neither did the radiologist and it got better.  In April my foot was bothering me so I went back to my regular dr and he said I had an inflamed  tendon and with rest and ice that got better.  Then we went to a pro ball game with my cousins and I didn’t see a step and wrenched the same foot.  I iced it and rested and a week or so ago I started walking around the driveway.  After several days when nothing hurt I decided to walk a mile and did that for two days and on the third day I could hardly walk.  So now I am going to see the expert.  I looked up my symptoms on the internet and according the information I found there I have a stress fracture.  So we will see.  I am not losing any sleep over it.  LOL

Kathi, you were right on the two girl Sam’s are Samantha but they go by Sam. 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Beautiful card. I love the cheerful colors.

It sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. If it's as hot as it is in Minnesota, you will probably be worn out by the end of the week. While we don't use it all that many weeks out of the year, thank goodness for air conditioning.

I'm glad to hear you and Jim and enjoying your new spaces. I love the term "man cave," too. For my hubby, I guess that would be the living room. LOL.

Take care, friend.