Sunday, November 7, 2010

Archiver’s and Michael’s

100_2681The deer on this card did not photograph well at all and I don’t feel like messing with it.  I spied this card at Archiver’s along with a sign that said if you bought $30 worth of merchandise you could get a free 7”x9” album from Shutterfly.  It wasn’t hard to spend $30.  This is an 81/2 X11 piece of cardstock cut in half lengthwise.  The materials are Bazzil Basics Herbal Garden,  Paper Garden Natural CS and My Minds Eye Holly Jolly.  The deer is a gold vinyl sticker from Stampendous.  The ribbon is from American Crafts. 

Trying to upload my pictures to Shutterfly is some undertaking.  I think there is a software glitch somewhere.  I thought I would put pics from our 6 trips to Colorado.  I have until the end of Nov to put them all in. 

Now on to Michael’s.  I bought a twelve inch Martha Stewart Cutter ( I had given my 12 inch swing arm cutter to Leola for her scrapbooking.  She is just starting to get into it doing pics of Kambrie and doesn’t have many supplies.) and a Martha Stewart Scoring cutter.  When I checked out the gal gave me a 40% off “coupon for my next visit.  I replied “ I wish I had known that before as we live 300 miles away.” Bless her little heart she said “Return one and buy it back at 40% off.” So that is what I did.

We have been having some nice weather.  Tomorrow I hope to get some leaves out of my back flower bed.  They were all out once then we had terrific winds and they all blew back. 

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk in my craft room looking out the window and lots of birds were flying around.  I found a bird feeder we hadn’t used in awhile and hung it on a pole that in the summer holds a hanging plant.  It didn’t take the birds long to find it.  So far I have chickadees, red breasted nuthatches, white breasted nuthatches, downy woodpeckers and hairy  woodpeckers.  

I feel a nap coming on and since I am fighting some kind of upper respiratory  bug I am going to go find my bed. 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a gorgeous card. I love that sticker and the papers are lovely.

The gal at Michael's was really nice about the coupon. I love hearing customer service stories like that.

Isn't this nice weather great? I hope a bug doesn't keep you from enjoying it. Take care.