Friday, November 19, 2010

A Happy Card

 

100_2686

Today was one of those really really gray November days.  In the middle of the afternoon it was so dark that you needed light in every room. 

I used paper from CTMH’s Olivia paper pack.  The frog is from Penny Black’s Toadily set.  Sentiment is Inkadinkado.  I stamped the frog and saying with Pear.  I colored the flower with PrismaColor Pencils.  The ribbon is CTMH.  The striped is from the Sunset Collection and the sheer is from Autumn Terracotta Ribbon Rounds.  Button is also from the Sunset Collection.  They are adhered with a glue dot.  Originally when I made the bow I was just going to have the width of the Colonial White, but I liked it long and thought it would be a waste of ribbon to cut it off.  I popped up the rectangle piece with foam tape.  I got the idea for this layout last Saturday when a friend and I went to some craft shows and a CTMH consultant had this layout.  Her ribbon was tied in a knot and she used a flower for the image.  She was selling the cards for $1 and I bought one for a guide.  I am going to put this card in a padded envelope and send it to Leola.

This has been quite a week.  Monday Jim and I got our yearly physicals.  After which we went to town and did our errands and had a chat with Sam.  The dr is 30 miles south and town is 20 miles north from our house.  Wednesday the dr.’s office called and said Jim needed a thyroid scan and set it up for next Monday and Tuesday.  That appointment is 75 miles south of here.  I figured I was doing okay and since they had said any thing about my test results.  Thursday they called and said I had bacteria in my urine and needed an antibiotic.  That solved the mystery as to why I was so tired but thought it odd that I didn’t have any other symptoms like fever or going to the bathroom all the time.  The arthritis in Jim’s hands have been getting really bad so the dr changed his medication and gave him a prescription for a pain pill to take occasionally.  And guess what that pill (Darvoset) was on the news tonight as not safe to take.  

I hope that I feel better tomorrow  as there are a couple of craft shows that I want to go to. 

Kathi, I should have gone to the ones you and your Mom and sister went to as I was looking for jewelry and didn’t find anything.  Only saw one jewelry vendor and it wasn’t what I was looking for. 

I have been reading the new Father Tim (from the Mitford series) series.  I have finished the first one, Home to Holly Springs and have started the second one,  In the Company of Others.  I never could get into the Mitford series but I couldn’t put down Home to Holly Springs.

No comments: