Monday, January 17, 2011

Operation Write Home

100_2706

I made this card for Operation Write Home’s Sketch 52 Challenge.  This is the first time that I have ever participated in a challenge.   I have been wanting to get involved with OWH for awhile.  I think it is a great idea.  For my card I used the Olivia paper packet.  The bird is from the Hot Diggity set.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts.  The little green flower is from Prima and the center is a Itty Bitty sparkle from CTMH.

I feel like I have been away for ever.  Had some nasty bug that while it wasn’t right out disabling I had no energy.  Some days I would sit at my desk and look out the window and just nothing would come to me. 

Jim gave me a Kindle for Christmas so I did sit at my computer a lot and download dozens of books.  There are a couple of free sites that I like to go to.  www.thefrugalreader.com and www.freeEbookdeal.com and when you choose a book you are directed to Amazon.

We are finally getting some winter weather.  Went snowshoeing the other day. 

Kambrie was 4 months old on the 14th.  She weighs 12 lb 40z and is 24 inches tall.  She is a very happy baby. 

I was re reading some of my earlier posts and my goodness I should really read them before posting.  So many words left out etc. 

3 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Good to "see" you again! Your card is as cute as can be. Love that little bird.

Times goes so fast - it doesn't seem like Kambrie should be four months old already.

I had some little bug during the night and into the morning - a nasty headache and upset stomach. By noon, I was over it. It sounds like your bout lasted a lot longer. I am glad you are feeling better.

I am anxious to hear how you like the Kindle. As for proofreading your posts, I should, too, because I know I make mistakes. The trick is simply not to reread them. LOL.

Glad to hear you got to go snowshoeing. We've got lots of snow here.

Julie said...

Great card, Sylvia! I love those designer papers you chose. Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamp Sketch Challenge!

Paula S. said...

Nice color combination in the papers. Nice job with the OWH sketch challenge this week.