Monday, October 19, 2009

A Card Makeover

milk canI have had this image stamped and colored for a year but just didn't like what I had put the card on.  So it sat on my desk and I would look at it but nothing came to me.  Yesterday Kathi Carlson's  blog featured a stamped image with pumpkins, apples, grapes and pears.  It was quite colorful.  I stamped my stamp on white, layered it on autumn terracotta that I had run through the autumn cuttlebug folder and added some brads.  It really liked it.  And I was still looking at this card and laying next to it was a piece of olive cardstock.  I held it up to my card and thought this is it.  So I ran the olive through the cuttlebug pulled the stamped image off the card base I didn't like and put it on the olive.  The card itself is some cardstock I have  had for  years and it is just a shade darker than CTMH Bamboo.  The stamp is from Northwoods Rubber Stamp.  Gold brads.  Waxyflax is Sunflower from CTMH.

Not too much going on today.  Just the usual picking up after the weekend, laundry, etc.  I have used my hand a lot today and it hasn't bothered me.  Yesterday I didn't do any stamping and only a little time on the computer and it was bothering me.  Maybe the key is to use it a lot.  Time will tell.  Anxious to find out what my surgeon found out from his colleagues.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

The olive cardstock is perfect for your image(which I LOVE).I love the way you added the waxy flax, too. Beautiful!