Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall

I saw this PSX stamp in a stamping about 5 years ago Autumnand really liked it.  But when I went to follow the directions they were a lot more complicated than I wanted to try so the stamp mostly sat unused.  Then today I decided to try and color the different sections with markers.  This is the third try.  CS is white, Pansy Purple, and Autumn TerraCotta.  Markers are Pansy Purple, New England Ivy, Outdoor Denim, Sunflower, Pepperwood and Autumn TerraCotta.  The sentiment is from For Every Occasion from CTMH.  Ribbon is from JoAnn's.  I thought it had a little too much white so I dabbed on a little Pansy  Purple.

Today was rainy ( we could get over an inch).  Thankgoodness some of the leaves are still on the trees to give some color.  Instead of doing household chores first then errands etc I did things backwards.  Made this card to send to a friend who just had hip replacement surgery, then the errands, then household chores.  Still need to mop the kitchen floor.  After supper I decided to bake some cookies (Pillsbury take them out of the package and put in oven).  I set the timer and went to have some computer time.  When the cookies were done I went to take them out of the oven only to discover I hadn't put them in the oven.  LOL

My thumb and hand were aching and swollen some last night perhaps because of the rain coming.  Before I had knee surgery I could forecast the change in weather. 

Thank you, Kathi for your very kind comment about my tree card I posted yesterday.  I think that I might use that for some of my Christmas cards.  On the inside I will put a Nativity scene or something that signifies the Reason for the Season.

This is long and I want to watch the end of Jeopardy.

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very pretty! The markers worked out well. Most likely, it would have taken me more than one try, too. Coloring a detailed stamp that way can be tricky.

Your weather sounds like ours - gloomy!

I'm glad you're going to make more tree cards. It really is a beauty.

Take care!

Allison Rankin said...

What a lovely collage of stamps...great job!