Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bright and Colorful

LEAF CARD I went to make a bright and colorful card today to cheer me up.  I tried making a flower card but couldn't come up with any color combination that suited me.  This card took about 5 minutes.  The rake stamp is Serendipity.  Leaf buttons are from JoAnn's.  I made the charm in the middle by stamping the saying "Autumn is a second spring, where every leaf is a flower" by stamping it on shrink plastic and heating it with my heat gun.  Cardstock colors are New England Ivy and Colonial White.

Now about the cheering up.  Yesterday I had an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon because another joint in my right thumb was bothering me and my hand was swelling up.  Well he pulled and pushed on my  thumb and you could hear grinding and snapping--not good.  X-rays revealed that the tendon replacement had dislocated and I now have bone on bone again.  Oh joy!  My surgeon has never had this happen to him before.  I would have to be the first.  LOL There are three options.  1. replace the tendon (but that didn't work the first time) 2. artificial joint (but that can cause cysts) 3. fuse the thumb (I would never be able to use my thumb again).  My surgeon doesn't want to do any of them.  He is going to talk to some of his colleagues and see what they suggest.  He has never had this type of surgery fail before.  In the meantime I am wearing a compression glove on my hand.   It does keep my hand from swelling.  Oh yes, if I do have surgery it is 8 weeks in a cast!

I watched a U-tube video of a young man with no arms or legs and he gives motivational speeches so I really have nothing to complain about. 

The leaves here are just a tad past their peak.  Jim and his golfing buddy are going to the golf course tomorrow to bring their golf cart home. 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

I love your card, Sylvia. The image is so pretty, and the button leaves and charm are just right. I haven't played with shrink plastic for ages, but did use that same sentiment stamp for the card I'm going to post tomorrow.

About cheering you up, I wish I could fly to Michigan and give you a little hug. Yea, I know we shouldn't get down when others have it so much worse, but darn! I hope your surgeon and his cronies come up with a good idea for you that doesn't involve eight weeks in a cast. Good luck, friend. I'm thinking about you.