Saturday, April 17, 2010

Almost

100_2620

When I saw this card in the Summer Close to My Heart Catalog I couldn’t wait to make it.  I will have to wait to May before I can order the paper pack and stamp set but I think I did pretty good.  The bird stamp is from Stampin’Up, the script stamp is Hero Arts and the flourish in the corner is CTMH’s Love Flourishes.  Metal frame is from CTMH.  CS is Bamboo, Chocolate, Colonial White and Garden Green.  The bird is stamped in Brilliance Coffee Bean and colored in a little with Prisma Color pencils.  The rest is stamped with CTMH Pepperwood (retired).  I put 2 lengths CTMH’s of Chocolate ribbon together and topped it with twill from CTMH.   The card is 4 1/2 inches square.

Thursday is was 75 degrees and yesterday and today in the 40’s with a cold wind.  This morning we had snow but it didn’t stick to the ground.   Thank goodness. 

Found out last week that the baby my granddaughter is carrying will be a girl.  At this moment her name is going to be Kambrie Rose.  She is due Sept 5.  We are going out to Colorado in May for her graduation from Cosmetology school and to attend a baby shower. 

The other day when I was in town I was very tempted to get some bark nuggets ( I use them for mulch in one of my flower beds) but I knew it was going to be cold and I didn’t want them sitting around.  I’m not sure what the forecast is for this coming week. 

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Oh my goodness! I guess I haven't looked at the new catalog closely enough, because I didn't see anything in it that is this pretty! I love your card.

Ooh, too bad your weather is icky. It's beautiful here, which is almost hard to believe.

What a lovely name a little girl, although I suppose it's possible they might change their minds. Congratulations! I so hope to have a little girl in the family someday.

Take care, friend! TFS.

Allison Rankin said...

Super masculine card! I love birdies and this spotlighted one is great!