Tuesday, September 14, 2010

She Is Here!

image

Kambrie Rose Romero was born this morning at 4:30 am.  She weighs 6lb13oz and is 18 inches long and has dark hair.  As far as I know Mom, Baby and Dad are fine.  Leola called me at 8am which is 6am their time.  She had been in labor all night.  PJ was watching them clean up the baby.  We will be out there in a month.  I am so excited. 

This is the card I made to send to the happy parents.  It is one of the new clear cards from CTMH.  Yesterday I had a gathering at my house and our consultant said you could put the clear cards through the Cuttlebug, so we had to try it.  We used the folder Stylized Flowers.  At first I thought I would make it into a wedding card but when Leola called this morning with the good news I knew I was making a baby card.  I looked through all my baby patterned paper and nothing worked.  Then I got out my flowered vellum and this one hit the spot.  When I looked to see what the name was I knew I had the right paper.  It is called Wild Rose and is by K and Company.  I have probably had the paper for a couple of years.  Then I backed it with Hollyhock CS.  I used my Cuttlebug w/Nestabilities to cut out the circle for rose paper as I wanted to make sure I got the flowers ( a couple of rosebuds) to show.  I used my Cricut to cut out two 4 1/2 circles of Hollyhock.  The ribbon is CTMH Ribbon Rounds Summer Celebration Organdy. 

Still having a cool, windy and sometimes rainy September.  Yesterday Jim and I went for our mile walk.  When we first started it was cold and windy  and a few raindrops but about 3/4ths of the way the sun came out and it was hot and I had to take off my sweatshirt.  Tomorrow is supposed to be nice and Thursday nasty.  Jim needs to re-roof our basement entry way so he is hoping a couple of good days in a row. 

Time to get some dinner going.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Congratulations, my friend! I am so very happy to hear all is well and Kambrie Rose (a beautiful name) is here. I am certain you cannot wait to meet her!

Your card is beautiful and will be treasured!

Take care, great-grandma!