Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Beauty

DSC00192

I was standing at the corner of our driveway and road when I took this picture this afternoon.  It looks like we live in the middle of the wilderness but there are houses all along this road. 

The last couple of days have been absolutely gorgeous with temps in the 60’s.  Some of the leaves have fallen and I just love walking in the rustling leaves.   A week ago I got a big order from CTMH and I the only thing I have had a chance to do is put my new stamp pads in the organizer.  Boy I really like it.  Now I need to work on getting  more of the new style pads.  The old ones don’t fit so good. 

We got a package of free light bulbs today.  Our electric company was bought out by a local co-op which is a good thing because our electric company was owned by a company in Wisconsin.  Anyway our new company puts out a little magazine every month and there was an offer for free light bulbs.  They are the squiggly kind and three of them are extra bright so I have one of the bright ones in my craft room.  When I was a kid my Mother would take our old bulbs to a Detroit Edison office and exchange them for new ones.  After Jim and I got married and were living in ND I tried to do that and was shocked that not every electric company did that and they thought I was nuts for even thinking such a thing and now over 50 years later they are doing it. 

Think I will go outside and enjoy what is left of this beautiful day.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

So pretty! It sounds like we are enjoying the same nice weather. It has been windy here though, so the leaves are falling fast.