Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tis The Season

100_2687

I just haven’t had any mojo lately but I think I finally have it together.  Card stock is CTMH’s Bamboo and Parchment.  Patterned paper is from DCWV from about 2 years ago.  Embellishments and ribbon are from JoAnn’s.  I used a wide plaid and a narrow gold ribbon.  The sentiment is from Inkadinkado.  I cut the ovals (3 “ and 4”) with my Cricut and the George & Basic Shapes since I am mass producing this card for folks at our church.  I rubbed the parchment oval in Cranberry ink.

Today I had an interesting thing happen.  In checking my e-mail there was one from my credit card company asking me if I had made a certain transaction.  I hadn’t made the transaction but before I responded to the e-mail I called the credit card company.  Because you are always hearing that they don’t contact you that way.  And I asked how they knew to question that transaction.  And she told me it was outside of my spending pattern.  I have an Amazon.com credit card and only use it for making purchases from Amazon for books.  I also used it for Shutterfly and she asked if had made that transaction. I thought that was pretty neat. 

Kambrie and I had our first phone conversation the other day.  Leola put her on speakerphone and I was chatting away and every once in awhile Kambrie would “say” something and I when I said “goodbye” it sounded just like she said goodbye.  Both Leola and I laughed. 

There was a lake effect snow warning for our county but so far we have escaped the snow but the Soo 20 miles north got dumped on and all their schools were closed.

Better go and get some dinner.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

I love your card, Sylvia. The paper and ribbons are so pretty, and the sentiment is one of my favorites.

How sweet that you "talked" to little Kambrie on the phone. I'ts good for her to hear Great-grandma's voice.