Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

chickadeeI saw this card idea as a Christmas card somewhere in the blogsphere but didn't write down the name.  The patterned papers are Basic Grey's Wassail Collection.  The CS is White and CTMH's Grey Wool.  The chickadee stamp is from Stampin' Up and colored with Prismacolor pencils.   The dew drops are in a shadow but are red. 

 

Now this pic you have to look at very closely100_2280.  It is my friendly little deer eating the greenery on our front deck.  His head is under the railing and his body is behind the post.  He was also sniffing the ground where he is standing because I have some heirloom daylilies planted there which are offshoots of my great grandparents day lilies.  I have bamboo stakes planted to try and keep away the deer.  Might have to put them closer.   This was a lazy day today.  I filled out our January calendar, made some cards, didn't have to do our church bulletin this week as we didn't have church last week and only one announcement is outdated.  Think I will go clean up my mess in my stamp area and get creative.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Pretty card! I love birds and that one is so nice with the Wassail paper. We have about 10 deer that are right outside our backdoor every afternoon towards dusk. There's a field "next door" between our apartment building and Wal-Mart. Otherwise, houses all around. The deer don't seem to care. It's fun to watch them.