Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Can Stamp Left Handed!

Jim and I had to go to Petoskey to see the dermatologist.hedgehogs  Afterward we stopped at Ben Franklin and they had this adorable Penny Black "Hugs" stamp set.  They are clear with about 13 stamps in the set.  It was so darned cute that I thought I would try to stamp.  This card idea was on the back of the set.  I was able to cut the ribbon left handed and I tied the bow using the fingers of my right hand and pulling it tight with my teeth.  CS colors are Ocean and Holiday Red from CTMH.  I used Prismacolor pencils on the flowerpots and flesh part of the hedgehogs.  The ladybugs and flowers are Marvy markers.  I chalked the sky and grass.  The only thing that bothered my right thumb was when I was using my fingers to hold the card while I glued with my left hand.  I think I will be using glue dots for awhile.  Monday I go for my first post op visit to get the stitches out and a hard cast put on.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

What a lady you are! I could no more make a card that cute with my left hand than I could fly to the moon. If there were a faithful stamper award, you'd be the first recipient! Oh, and that stamp set IS cute! Take care, friend!