Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ladybugs

Ladybugs This card was a co-operative effort.  A friend came over today to help me with some cards.  She cut the ladybugs out with my Cricut.  The stamp is Hero Arts, the gingham is retired CTMH.  I colored the the image with my Prismacolor pencils and chalked the sky light blue. 

It seems like it has been forever since I last posted.  Monday I got my stitches out and a hard cast put on.  I asked my surgeon what I could and couldn't do with my right hand.  His reply was "I don't want you using your hand at all."  He did allow me to key board.  I have to hunt and peck with my right hand.  I probably did more than I should have when I had the big dressing on so I am taking it very easy and following dr's. orders.  He told me I could drive if it was on dry pavement.  LOL.  We live on a side road and it will be snow covered and slippery until April. I get the cast off Feb 18 and hopefully can wear a soft splint.  On the way home from the doctor's office we had a flat tire and the next day had to get two new tires, because the flat was ruined.

We are going to have a warming spell and that means more snow. 

Samantha is coming up tonight for the weekend.  And Sam is anxiously awaiting her arrival.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very, very cute! I love those little ladybugs. They're perfect with the stamp and gingham paper. I'm glad to hear you're doing as well as expected. I'd tell you to follow doctor's orders but then I think of what I'd do and am keeping my mouth shut. LOL. Our weather is supposed to warm up, too. It will be a welcome break from the bitter cold. Enjoy the weekend!