Monday, June 8, 2009

Penny Black Sticker Card

stickersSaturday a friend and I took a Penny Black Sticker card class.  This is not one of the cards we made.  This is my own creation using a different set of PB Stickers.  This sticker set is called Garden Poems.  There are 5 different flower stickers and 5 rectangle stickers that can be used for ribbons or other accents.  One of the neat things we learned is to back your sticker with scrap cardstock so you can see where you want to put it before adhering it to the card.  And if I remember right you could also use talcum powder.  The sticker is mounted on CTMH Tulip, then Olive and that is put on Colonial White.  It is finished off with a gold spiral and three dew drops.

This has been a November like day.  Rainy and cold (50). On the local news tonight the strawberry farmers are saying that their crops are at least 10 days behind.  They should be picking right now and there aren't even any strawberries on the plants-just flowers.  I have to go cut up some papers and run some thru the Cuttlebug for card club tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is gorgeous! I made a card using a Penny Black sticker not long ago and was very impressed by the quality of her stickers. They don't look like stickers if you know what I mean. They're just nice. What a fun class to attend, too. I wish I lived in an area that had stuff going on within a reasonable driving distance. It sounds like your weather is like ours ... dreary! I think we're supposed to see the sun and temperatures close to 70 by the end of the week. My fingers are crossed. Enjoy your card club tomorrow!