Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Tea Party

tea set

Jim got this tea set when he was stationed in Okinawa in 1960.  When our granddaughter would spend the night Grandpa and she would have waffles for breakfast and tea in this set.  The other day when I was talking to her she asked me if we still had the dragon tea set.  I replied "yes".  Then she wanted to know if she could have it  when we were no longer on this earth.  She said that she and Grandpa had lots of good times over that tea set. When I told Jim he said she can have it now.  So we are taking it with us to Colorado and it will be one of her wedding gifts.   

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Sylvia, I have a feeling this will be the most treasured of all the gifts Rachel receives for her wedding! How wonderful that you are giving it to her now. Thanks for sharing the photo and sweet story.