Wednesday, March 4, 2009

For The Sports Fan

Sports A teen in our church is having a birthday next week and he plays all these sports.  The card is 6x6.  Colors are black and orange, because those are the school's colors.  The background paper is Barn Red from CTMH and I am pretty sure this particular piece is  retired.  Shoes are from Jolee's.  Buttons are from JoAnn's.  I cut the shank off the baseball and put waxy flax through the basketball.  I'll stamp Happy Birthday on the inside. 

Today I was able to turn the ignition key with my right hand.  Hooray.  Saturday when I went to make cards I put a popsicle stick through the key and that  gave me enough leverage.  It is nice and sunny and in the 30's.  While I am anxious for spring I also would like to get out a few more days and go snowshoeing.  A friend and I were going to go today but she fell and hurt her back and my left ear is plugged up and hurts whenever I swallow.  I have a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow.  

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

PERFECT card for a guy! Those buttons are SO cute and such cool add-ons! Love it! It's nice here, too. So refreshing to know that spring is around the corner.