Tuesday, November 11, 2008

90th Birthday Card

FloydA gentleman in our church turned 90 over the weekend and this is the card I made for him.  It uses CTMH Vintage Travel Paper Pack 1.  The textured cardstock I believe is from CTMH.  The inside is a lighter shade of green.  The stamp is from Stampin' Up. Size is 6 x 6.  

I made some Christmas cards using the Creative Basics Evensong paper pack.  Will post them tomorrow.  I need to get to bed early as a friend and I are going to Petoskey to visit a 76 year old lady from our church who had knee replacement on Monday.  She told me before her surgery that Lonnie (another friend who had knee replacement surgery) and I were her inspiration. 

Kathi, I tried to read the Mitford Series but just couldn't get into them.  However there is a new book out about Father Tim going to Mississippi and getting involved in a mystery.  I'd like to check that one out.  Have you read anything by Laurine Snelling?  She has written a series of books about a Norwegian family coming to North Dakota.  That one is called Red River of the North.

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Very nice card and so fitting for a 90-year-old! We have two ladies in our building who are well over 90 and doing just fine on their own. They amaze me. I haven't read the books by Laurine Snelling but know my mother and sister have and enjoyed them. Like I said, I don't read as much as I once did but should get back into it now that I have the time. Have a good day tomorrow!