Monday, November 10, 2008

You Are Tagged

Kathi Carlson tagged me tonight.  I think that is fun.  Here are the rules.

1. Get the book on your nightstand (or whatever book you are currently reading).
2. Open it to page 56 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next couple of sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
4. Do not go and find your favorite book, it has to be the one you are reading now!
5. Tag 5 other people to do the same.

I have two books on my nightstand that I am reading but one is the kind you can pick up, read a chapter and lay it down for a week or so.  The other one is The Sunroom by Beverly Lewis.  It is set in Pennsylvania in 1952 and about a 12 year old girl, whose mother is in the hospital dying of cancer.  I can relate to the girl because I was 12 in 1952.  Here are a few sentences starting with the 5th sentence.  "Bye, Mommy."  Daddy was interested in talking to her more privately.  He went into the kitchen and turned off the light, so Emily and I headed upstairs to bed.  "We're going to Aunt Mimi's house this weekend," said my sister as we undressed.

I am tagging Frances, Jennie, Laura, Kim and Tobi .

Thanks Kathi, for tagging me.  I read 90 Minutes in Heaven a couple of years ago.  A powerful story. 

I have been working on updating our church's address book.  It is a looseleaf 5 x8 format.  I first did it in 2006 and now we have new families.  It is a simple format with family picture, address & phone number.  Our church is small (about 35 families) so I just print out the pages on my color printer. 

It has been a busy week.  Last Thursday Jim and I had our physicals.  I asked the x ray tech to take an x ray of my left foot.  In Jan of 2007 I broke the 5th metarsel bone and lately my foot has been hurting off and on.  Doc looked at the x ray and said "I'm sending this to the radiologist.  You might have re-broken it." All I could see was what looked like arthritis to me.  Then today the Doctor's office called with the results of my lab work and the nurse said everything is fine except my uric acid levels are high.  I have too much protein in my system. 

My card I made didn't photograph well and even after tweaking it was still fuzzy so will post it tomorrow.  Until then.

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Thanks for playing along, Sylvia! Have you read Jan Karon's Mitford series? I haven't finished it yet but thoroughly enjoys the volumes I've read. I think you might like it, too! Take care.

StampOwl said...

Thanks Sylvia for Tagging me ... enjoyed looking at your blog