Friday, November 28, 2008

Just Paper

noelThis card was just layering the paper.  CS is CTMH Sweet Leaf, then comes Paper Pizazz Brown Diamonds.  The music paper is  Christmas Carol Music by Flair Designs.  The scene is Vintage  Holiday Postcards by Flair and is backed with some green paper from  CTMH Creative Basics Evensong Paper Packet.  Gold ribbon is from Joann's.  I used Diamond Stickles on the berries.  Shepherds are colored with PrismaColor Colored Pencils.  Card size is 5 by 7.

Yesterday was quite eventful.  I saw an ad on TV saying that Wal-Mart would honor competitors ads.  I probably knew this but just never had an occasion to test it out.  Joann's had the Personal Cricut on sale for $99.99.  Hmm I'm thinking if Wal-Mart would  honor that I would get a Cricut on Thursday when we went in for dinner.  I called my friend to see if I could borrow her Joann's flyer as mine hadn't come yet.  She asked if she could get more than one and I told her I didn't know.  She called Wal-Mart and she could but she had to bring a friend with her.  She wanted 3 for her granddaughters.  We met at Wal-Mart after we got done eating and picked up the Cricut.  Then came the fun.   The inexperienced check out young man got all flustered.  The manager came and we explained that  another manager said we could buy them and it wasn't the one that Wal-Mart had on sale on Friday.  It seemed like it took forever but it didn't really.  My friend and her husband each bought one and Jim bought one for them and they paid us back. 

Today I spent the day in my little spot cleaning and making room for my new toy.  I did make a flower.   And then I went out to my greenhouse and made a winter  hanging basket.  Tomorrow I plan to spend all day in my spot making cards. 

Time to start dinner.

No comments: