Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Idea from Down Under

I saw a card with a penguin posted October 30 on Stamp Owl's blog.  Since  we don't have penguins in polarbearNorth America I used a polar bear.   CS is CTMH Outdoor Denim and Robin's Egg Blue (retired).  The polar bear is from the Chillin' set that CTMH had.  Punch is Stampin'Up's Word Window.  I used red stickles on the scarf and diamond stickles on the snow.  The sentiment is Penny Black.  I used the Spots and Dots Cuttlebug folder and Nestabilities.

Today was a great day in Northern Michigan.  It was 65 degrees out.  A friend and I did get our walk in but otherwise I was in the basement most of the day getting laundry done and cleaning my crafting area. 

Last Thursday Jim and I were outside cutting back the perennials and pruning some bushes.  On one small branch, about half the size of a pencil I had to exert a little pressure and that caused the arthritis in my right thumb to really act up.  I tried to ignore it but it didn't get any better and I couldn't even cut back the perennials.  Finally I said to Jim that I was going in to call my orthopedic surgeon.  I have an appointment Dec 1.  Most likely I will have surgery.  I am trying to get a lot of cards made ahead.  The dr and I have talked about surgery.  He has given me two cortisone shots and while they work it isn't good to keep getting them. 

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

Hi Sylvia! What a cute, cute card. I love the polar bear, and the colors are just right. Too bad about your thumb. Ouch! The aches and pains that go with "growing up" (not old) are something we could do without. We have too much stuff to do!! Take care!

Kathi Carlson said...

Hello again. Check my blog, Sylvia. You've been tagged. It's something different and fun!