Monday, September 15, 2008

A Leola Card

I bought this paper over weekend, because I thought paperit was so pretty.  And I was wishing I was into scrapbooking more.  When I was showing all my goodies to Sam and his girlfriend, he said "That looks like a Leola  (our granddaughter)card."  So I made a long card that fits in a #10 size envelope.  The paper is really prettier in person.  The background is white with grey lines.  For my card I took the left side (as you are looking at the paper) and made a long card that would fit into a # 10 envelope.  The paper is Basic Grey Sultry Uptown.

 

leolaAgain I couldn't get the card to photograph well.  I stamped the frog out of Citrus Leaf and used pop dots to make him stand out.  The water lily I colored with Watermelon.  And the dragonfly I used a blue Prismacolor pencil.  The stamped dragonfly is from CTMH and I used Watermelon and Black.  The sentiment (hello from the heart) is stamped with Watermelon and is one of the new $1 acrylic stamps I bought over the weekend.  On the flower at the top I used Stampin' Up's 2 way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. 

 

Today we had nice sunny skies and we went for a walk in the woods.  The trees are just beginning to turn colors.  We live on one of the prettiest roads for color change.  We only had an inch of rain here while we were gone but where we were downstate got up to 10 inches.  And it rained until we got to the Mackinac Bridge.  One of the neat things I got was Glue Dots in dispenser like scotch tape.  I had never seen that before and it said new.  The dispenser will take up a lot less room than the dots on a roll.  Think that I will go make a cup of tea and curl up with a good book.  Feels like I am coming down with something.  Later

1 comment:

Kathi Carlson said...

Great card, and I know how pretty that paper is because I have some! Our weather got nice today, too. Glue Dots in a tape dispenser. I like the sounds of that and will have to keep my eyes open. I hope you're not coming down with something. I'd hate to see you miss those great walks. Take care.